IWA Publishing is in the unique position of having dedicated staff that focus solely on publishing international publications in water and the environment. With extensive experience in the international marketing of scientific, technical and professional publications, and specialist knowledge of the market, IWA Publishing offers the opportunity for significant sales worldwide.
Our authors comprise renowned professionals and scientists at the forefront of research in water and the environment. We welcome new authors and are happy to discuss current writing plans.
We provide our authors with:
- Access to leading experts in the International Water Association (IWA). IWA has a world-wide network of 10,000 water professionals. Members are experts in research, practice, regulation, industry, consulting and manufacturing.
- Personal guidance and advice from the specialist book editor with flexible and rapid solutions for all publishing requirements including print, on-line and open access.
- Quality and timely production - our production times are usually no more than three to four months from delivery of manuscript and the books are produced efficiently to a high standard.
- eBook production. Each new book is now offered in print and as an ebook.
- A strong web presence including the IWA WaterWiki, on-line catalogue and Water Intelligence Online, the online water reference library.
- An Authors discount of 35% is given for all book titles on the IWA Publishing list and complimentary copies of your book are supplied on publication.
- Marketing campaigns tailored for each book that reach international audiences creatively and effectively.
- Publicity at conferences - IWA holds over 50 conferences around the world every year and this provides excellent exposure to the international marketplace. IWAP attends all the major events throughout the world including Stockholm Water Week, Singapore Water Week and the World Water Forum.
- Global distribution and marketing. We have agents and distributors engaged in local promotion in Australia, Chinese Taiwan, China, Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, India, Japan, Latin America, Middle East (Dubai), UK, USA and Canada. We participate in major book fairs worldwide. We have warehouse and customer service centres in Colchester, UK and in Ohio, USA.
Please contact Maggie Smith, Editor for any of the following:
More information about our marketing and publicity activities
An Author Proposal Form in order to submit a proposal
Guidelines for authors
Copyright clearance forms
Sample article for Water21
Sample article for IWA WaterWiki