Standard price: £148.00
Standard price: £148.00
This work provides those involved in water purification research and administration with a comprehensive resource of methods for analyzing water to assure its safety from contaminants, both natural and human caused. The book first provides an overview of major water-related issues in developing and developed countries, followed by a review of issues of sampling for water analysis, regulatory considerations and forensics in water quality and purity investigations. The subsequent chapters cover microbial as well chemical contaminations from inorganic compounds, radionuclides, volatile and semi-volatile compounds, disinfectants, herbicides, and pharmaceuticals, including endocrine disruptors, as well as potential terrorist-related contamination. The last chapter describes the Grainger prize-winning filter that can remove arsenic from water sources and sufficiently protect the health of a large number of people.
The Handbook of Water Purity and Quality is the authoritative source of methods of water purity analysis for researchers, regulators and managers in the field of water purification.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. Overview Satinder Ahuja
2. Delineation of a Major Problem of Arsenic-contaminated Groundwater Satinder Ahuja
3. Water Quality Issues in Eastern Africa Shem O. Wandiga and Vincent O. Madadi
4. Effect of Human Development on Water Quality Michael A. Mallin
5. Sampling and Analysis of Arsenic in Groundwater in West Bengal-India and Bangladesh Mohammad M. Rahman, Bhaskar Das, and Dipankar Chakraborti
6. Forensic Water Quality Investigations: Identifying Pollution Sources and Polluters Lawrence B. Cahoon and Robert H. Cutting
7. Regulatory Considerations to Ensure Clean and Safe Drinking Water Craig L. Patterson and Roy C. Haught
8. Microbiological Threats to Water Quality Lawrence B. Cahoon and Bongkeun Song
9. Monitoring Inorganic Compounds Pamela Heckel and Tracy Dombek
10. Radionuclides in Surface Water and Groundwater Kate M. Campbell
11. Volatile and Semivolatile Contaminants Satinder Ahuja
12. Monitoring Disinfectants Taha F. Marhaba
13. The Evolution of Analytical Technology and Its Impact on Water-Quality Studies for Selected Herbicides and Their Degradation Products in Water Michael T. Meyer and Elisabeth A. Scribner
14. Monitoring of Pharmaceutical Residues in Sewage Effluents Zulin Zhang, Darren P. Grover and John L. Zhou
15. Monitoring for Terrorist-related Contamination Dan Kroll
16. Groundwater Arsenic Removal Technologies Based on Sorbents: Field Applications and Sustainability Sad Ahamed, Abul Hussam and Abul K.M. Munir
This title is co-published with Elsevier/Academic Press
The observed concentrations of pharmaceuticals and personal care products (PPCPs) in raw wastewater confirm that municipal wastewater represents the main disposal pathway for the PPCPs consumed in...
The USEPA’s ambient water quality criteria (AWQC) for cyanide were developed in 1984. Recently, however, concerns have arisen that the AWQC for cyanide have been problematic to implement and may...
Arsenic Contamination in the World: an International Sourcebook provides a global compendium of cited arsenic occurrences in the world as they affect public health. This book...