Call for Associate Editors
The editorial team for the Journal of Hydroinformatics, published by IWA Publishing, is currently seeking new Associate Editors to maintain the high editorial standards of this leading publication dedicated to the cross-disciplinary field of hydroinformatics.
As the official journal of the IAHR-IWA-IAHS Joint Committee on Hydroinformatics, this publication champions research into information technology to tackle problems of the aquatic environment. See aims and scope here: jh.iwaponline.com/content/aims-scope.
Associate Editors use our online peer-review system, Editorial Manager, to progress submissions by selecting reviewers and informing authors of editorial and publishing decisions. In addition, they contribute to policy decisions regarding the future direction of the journal, help acquire new material and encourage high-quality submissions.
Applicants should have:
- An established record of work and scholarship in relevant scientific field(s);
- An interest in developments with an international scope;
- Demonstrable participation in the hydroinformatics community, for example attendance to key industry events such as the International Conference on Hydroinformatics (HIC);
- Great organisation, time management and communication skills; and
- A dedication to the role of Editor and the time commitment it entails.
Other qualities that are desirable:
- Existing editorial experience, particularly with online peer-review systems;
- Previous service and contribution to the Journal of Hydroinformatics, i.e. being an author or reviewer;
- Membership to the International Water Association (IWA) or to the International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research (IAHR); and
- Association or institutional awards.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter, expressing your suitability for the role and your vision for the journal, to Editor-in-Chief, Professor Orazio Giustolisi (orazio [dot] giustolisi [at] poliba [dot] it (subject: %20Call%20for%20Associate%20Editors%3A%20Journal%20of%20Hydroinformatics) ) and Publishing Manager, Zoë Dann (zdann [at] iwap [dot] co [dot] uk (subject: Call%20for%20Associate%20Editors%3A%20Journal%20of%20Hydroinformatics) ).